QR Code Scanner / Reader Rental
We provide a wide choice of different QR code reader devices. QR code readers allow quick registration of complex data during events, conferences, retail transactions or warehousing. With different wireless or cabled options, please contact us to get advice on the best choice.
QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) first designed in 1994 for the automotive industry in Japan. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached. A QR code uses four standardized encoding modes (numeric, alphanumeric, byte/binary, and kanji) to store data efficiently; extensions may also be used. (Definition from wikipedia)
Wired vs Wireless QR Code Scanner
Wired QR Code Scanners are a common choice for different type of environments. Wired QR Code Scanners are powered from the PC / device that they are connected to and therefore do not require charging and have longer operating hours. In many cases it is more practical to attach the QR code scanner to a device to avoid the scanner to be lost / taken away. We provide short-term or long-term rental for different wired & wireless scanners.
Wireless QR readers are battery-powered. Most readers have different modes of operation : 1) Inventory mode (just saves the scanned codes on the device) 2) live-transmission mode (transmits the scan via bluetooth to a connected device, e.g. PC / tablet / phone), 3) Verification mode (checks the scan against a locally saved database). All wireless devices have some kind of model to upload / download information to a PC. We provide short-term or long-term rental for different wired & wireless scanners.
QR Code Scanner Configurations
QR Code Readers have many options in regards to configuration. This includes scan speed, sleep / power-saving modes, scan sound, scan types, transmission modes, language settings, etc. To configure the scanner to your need, please contact us.
- Normal Mode: Real-time transmission to paired / cabled device
- Inventory Mode: Saves scans on device for later retrieval. The data can be uploaded via a different mode via cable or wireless connections.
- Non-volatile Mode: A type of inventory mode in which the batch data is retained even after shut down of the device
Laser Scanner vs Camera QR Scanner
Laser scanners use a beam of light to form a single line across the width of a barcode. Laser-based scanners exist since the 1970s and are very mature. Camera-based scanners use CCD or CMOS sensors and are a basic component of smartphones and tablets since the 1990s. Both options have advantages and disadvantages.
Laser-based scanners are much faster compared to camera based scanners (fast laser-scanners can decode up to 1000 images per second). Camera-based scanners usually require time to focus on the image and in high-speed situations those 2-3 seconds can become very inconvenient. This speed advantage of laser scanner applies to 1d (barcode) as well as 2d (QR code) images. Some scanners have advanced code reconstruction algorithms that can support poor-quality or damaged symbols. Considering that such reconstruction is software based, often imaging-based scanners are more advantageous. Another advantage of laser-based solutions is that such scanners can scan from much larger distances. Especially for custom-built hardware solution usually laser-based options are a better match.
We provide short-term or long-term rental for laser and camera-based scanners.
Web-based QR Code ScannersWeb-based devices can have laser or camera-based scanners. They come with the advantage of processing the scan with other software components installed or loaded the the device.
We provide a set of mid-range tablets that are optimized for QR code scanning.
Wired / Cabled QR Code Scanners
Fast, rigid, dont get lost - our rental of wired or cabled QR code scanners make sure you can process high quantities in a short period of time. Below the specification of 1 of our models:
- Product name: Wired QR Scanner
- Product model number: YN-A5LD
- Transmission type: USB cable
- Cable length: 1.8 meters
- Standby: current
- Working current: 200mA
- Working voltage: 5v±10%
- Sensor: 640x480 CMOS
- Light source Lighting: white LED
- Focus: red LED
- View Angle: ±42°
- Laser life: 10,000 hours
- Button life: 500,000 times
- Codes: multiple
- Port: USB, USB-COM
- Trigger type: Button trigger, auto-continuous
- Indicator: Buzzer, light
- Package Dimensions : 185mm*80mm*100mm
- Decoding capacity: UPC/EAN、with complementary UPC/EAN、Code128、Code39、Code 39Full ASCII、Coda bar、industrial /Interleaved 2 of 5 Code93、MSI、Code11、ISBN、ISSN、China post、etc (optional)GS1 Databar,Code32
- CPU :ARM 32bit Cortex
- Accuracy : >=5 mil
- Decoding speed: 200/second
- Scanning angle: Roll:360° | yaw: ±55° | pitch ±55°
- Print contrast: Reflection >=25%
- Anti-Interference :100,000 Lux max
- Free fall resistant: 1.5 meter
- Weight :0.3kg (package included)
- Depth of field: EAN-13 50mm-230mm(13mil), Code 128 50mm-100mm(4.7mil 10 Byte), QR Code 25mm-240mm(20mil 16 Byte), PDF 417 30mm-140mm(6.67mil 7 Byte)
- Certificate: CE, FCC, RoHS
Wireless QR Code Scanners
Our wireless QR Code scanner for rent are connected either directly via in-built bluetooth cards or bluetooth dongles. An example configuration is outlined below:
- Material: ABS + SI
- Size: 113 * 47 * 22 mm
- Battery: 3.7 V 1000mAH
- Weight: 85 +- 5g (excl. wire)
- Distance: 10 meters
- Module: Bluetooth class 3.0 EDR
- Sensor: Flat CMOS Sensor
- Interface: USB
- Light Source: Red LED (Alming) + White LED (Lighting)
- Processor: 32-bit module
- Decoding ability: Codabar, Code11, Code39/Code93, UPC/EAN, Code128 / EAN 128, InterLeaved2of5, Matrix2of5, MSI Code, Standard2of5. QR Code
- Resolution: Code39 5mil, QR 8.7mil, PCS 45%
- Depth of Field: 5mil Code39 : 5-12cm, 15mil Code39 4-25cm, 10mil Code93 4-21cm, 15 mil UPC/EAN 4-25cm, 20mil QR 4-25cm
- Scanning Speed: 200 scan/sec
- Trigger mode: manual / auto-sensing
- Scanning width: 5*5 cm2 - 30-30 cm2
- Prompting Mode: buzzer, indicate light (LED)
- Printing Contrast: >=35%
- Scanning Angle: roll 0-360', pitch +-65', yaw +-60'
- Shock Resistance: 1.5m free fall
Standard QR Code Scanners
The Opticon Scanner is a high-powered scanner for professional use. In our standard rental option it comes with a stand. More information below:
- OPERATING INDICATORS: VISUAL: 1 LED / large LED (red/green/orange) NON-VISUAL: Buzzer
- ENTRY OPTIONS: 1 scan key
- COMMUNICATION: RS232: DB9 PTF connector with external power supply KEYBOARD WEDGE: Mini-DIN6 F/M connector USB: Ver. 2.0, HID/VCP, USB-A connector
- POWER: VOLTAGE REQUIREMENT: 6V +/- 5% (Keyboard Wedge), 6V, min. 4.5, max. 6.5V(RS232) CURRENT CONSUMPTION: Max. 350 mA (max typical use), 75mA (standby)
- LIGHT SOURCE: Green aiming LED, red illumination
- LEDs SCAN METHOD: CMOS area sensor, 752 x 480 pixels, gray scale
- SCAN RATE: 60 fps
- FOCAL DISTANCE: 104 mm TRIGGER MODE: Manual, multiple read, autotrigger, stand detection
- IMAGE FORMAT: Windows Bitmap, JPEG, TIFF
- GRADULATION: 1024, 256, 16, 2
- IMAGE OUTPUT MODE: 4 resolutions (full, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4), 2 ranges (horizontal, vertical)
- READING PITCH ANGLE: -50 to 0˚, 0 to +50˚
- READING SKEW ANGLE: -50 to 0˚, 0 to +50˚
- READING TILT ANGLE: 360˚ CURVATURE: R>16 mm (12-digit 0.15 mm Codabar), R>20 mm (13-digit UPC)
- MIN. RESOLUTION CODE39 AT PCS 0.9: 0.127 mm / 5 mil, min. resolution QR Code and Data Matrix at PCS 0.9: 0.169 mm / 7 mil
- MIN. PCS VALUE: 0.45 Field of view: Horizontal 40.6˚, Vertical 26.4˚
- DEPTH OF FIELD: at Code 39, 65 - 105 mm / 2.56 - 4.13 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil), 45 - 185 mm / 1.77 - 7.28 in (0.254 mm / 10 mil), 50 - 250 mm / 1.97 - 9.84 in (0.508 mm / 20 mil) DEPTH OF FIELD: at QR Code, 70 - 95 mm / 2.76 - 3.74 in (0.211 mm / 8.4 mil), 35 - 165 mm /1.38 - 6.50 in (0.381 mm / 15 mil)
- SUPPORTED SYMBOLOGIES BARCODE (1D): JAN/UPC/EAN incl. add on, Codabar/NW-7, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, GS1-128 (EAN-128), GS1 DataBar (RSS), IATA, Industrial 2of5, Interleaved 2of5, ISBN-ISSN-ISMN, Matrix 2of5, MSI/Plessey, S-Code, Telepen, Tri-Optic, UK/Plessey
- POSTAL CODE: Chinese Post, Intelligent Mail Barcode, Korean Postal Authority code
- POSTNET 2D CODE: Aztec Code, Aztec Runes, Chinese Sensible code, Codablock F, Composite codes, Data Matrix (ECC200), Maxi Code (mode 2~5), MicroPDF417, Micro QR Code, Passport MRZ (OCR-B), PDF417, QR code
- DURABILITY TEMPERATURE IN OPERATION: -20 to 50˚C / -4 to 122˚F
- TEMPERATURE IN STORAGE: -20 to 60˚C / -4 to 140˚F HUMIDITY IN OPERATION: 5 -90% (noncondensing)
- HUMIDITY IN STORAGE: 5 - 90% (non-condensing)
- AMBIENT LIGHT IMMUNITY: Fluorescent 10,000 lx max, Direct sun 100,000 lx max, Incandescent 10,000 lx max
- DROP TEST: 1.5 m / 5 ft drop onto concrete surface
- VIBRATION TEST: 10 - 100 Hz with 2G for 1 hour
- PROTECTION RATE: IP 42
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 56 x 148.6 x 108.1 mm / 2.20 x 5.85 x 4.26 in
- WEIGHT BODY: Ca. 85 g / 3 oz (excl. cable) CASE: ABS, black or white
- PRODUCT COMPLIANCE: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS, IEC 62471-1, IEC 60825-1 Class 1, IEC 60950-1
Standard QR Code Scanners
QR Code vs Bar Code ReadersMany devices can read bar codes and QR codes. The technical term is often 1d or 2d. 1d stands for 1-dimensional and refers to bar codes. 2d refers to 2-dimensional and covers QR codes, as QR codes require the scanning of a 2-dimensional space and not just 1 dimension. 2d readers are certainly more expensive than 1d models. There is a slight time-advantage for 2d scanning (using raster scanning), but certainly QR codes can maintain much more data which might be useful for the event. Please approach of team get more details which code type and scanner is best for you.
More info on Globibo Slideshare
A range of more complex QR codes are used and standardized via industry associations (eg. flight-codes). The QR code used for flight tickets for example uses PDF417, which is a type of 2-dimensional code. If you need a reader / scanner for such specific codes, please clarify your requirement and get advice from our team.
QR Code Reader Rental
There are many different choices and the best option depends on the type of usages. We provide support for short-term as well as long-term rental projects. You can rent the readers as dry-hire or with a support team for the setup. We carry a large number of quantity to best support you. For rental enquiries or technical questions, please contact us.
- Dry Hire Rental : If you do not require any support in the setup and/or operation.
- Supported Rental : If you with to have support in the setup and/or operation.
- Rental with PCs / Notebooks : We also support if you need PCs or notebooks together with the QR code readers
- Long-Term Rental : For long-term rental, please discuss our Support & Maintenance plans
- Hourly Rental : For very rental for very short periods of time, please discuss special pricing options with our team.
Other Office Equipment Rental
For other related office / event technical equipment, please check out the categories below. For special requirements, please contact us directly.
Projectors, Screens & DisplaysThe content of your presentation will be largely determined by the way it is illustrated via the right projector technology in great screens and displays. Taking advantage of our high-tech or cost efficient projectors, displays and screens will enable you to confidently prepare and deliver impactful presentations. Combined with our other office equipment like clickers, remote navigation tools, mulitmedia or interactive white-boards your excellent technology infrastructure will be the best support factor of your presentation.
Communication ToolsAdapt the technology to suit your office's needs with Mobile and Fixed line phones. Whether to talk to colleagues and clients via wireless conference phones or through the more private Bluetooth headset attached to standard landline business phones, our phone solutions ensure clear communication. Our cordless phone services offer you the added flexibility of engaging in hands-free conversations while tending to other tasks. Purchasing bulk phones and conference phones will also ensure that no one misses any meeting.
Computer & PrintersMix work and play with our wide selection of powerful computers and laptops. Simple to transport, these laptops and computers are compact and lightweight. Wireless laptop computers are also equipped with a large memory chip that enables you to pre-install different software packages based on your requirements. You can also take advantage of laser or inkjet printer's models that can scan, print and fax.
Network EquipmentAdd considerable flexibility to your computing environment with wireless routers, switches, extenders and other networking equipment. Our wireless networking solutions allow you to roam anywhere in your office with your electronic devices so you can share data, files and other rich media with colleagues and clients. With this networking solution, you get all the advantages of added mobility and higher downloading speed while avoiding dead spots.
- +86 21 8024 6090
- +49 (030) 8093 5151
- +852 5801 9962
- +91 11 4248 4066
- +603 9212 4206
- +63 28548 8254
- +65 6336 9002
- +84 985 611 322
- +44 (20) 3468 1833
- +1 (718) 713 8593
NewsFairy Light Rental
Check out our new Fairy Light Rental
QR Code Scanner Rental
Check out our new QR Code Reader Rental
Bar Code Scanner Rental
Check out our new Bar Code Reader Rental
Read more in Mice.Net on our iBeacon case studies
Camera Drones Pilots
Launching Event drones in several convention center in Asia.
Implementation of Responsive Displays in MICE Networking Event
In a workshop in New York we showcased the latest hologram technologies
With our Smartphone Voting Software you can make your event more interactive without the necessity of external hardware.
Tour Guide System
Globibo Event Technology extends its infrastructure to new Tour Guide Technology
Smartphone Audience Response
Our Smartphone Audience Response System goes into version 2.0 - with more features and a slicker User-Interface