Corporate, Product & Event Online Marketing Strategy
1. Overall Marketing Strategy, Company / Marketing ObjectivesA marketing strategy is the means by which your company gains and maintains relationships with new customers. The chosen strategy has to reflect well on the company while simultaneously being inclusive of the customer’s needs. A well developed marketing strategy allows companies to identify the desired direction and current goals of the company and develop marketing efforts based around the core message that a company wishes to convey to potential clients or customers. A clear marketing strategy will also help you identify what marketing mediums are most effective when it comes to developing brand recognition among your targeted demographic. While traditional marketing strategies often focused on print-based or television media, which are still effective for older audiences, now days internet marketing is among the most ubiquitous and effective forms of marketing as it is easy to track and target every market demographic and expose them to marketing efforts that are tailored to appeal most to that particular audience. Regardless of whether the marketing strategy is for a corporation, product or event, it is vital to set achievable goals and define a clear path. Some basic steps involved in this process are:
- Understanding your product/service
- Setting objectives
- Setting the right price
- Identifying your target audience
- Creating an effective online marketing campaign
- Content strategy
- Visual Content
2. Make Internet Marketing Objectives Measurable / Internet Marketing Metrics and PrioritiesMetrics are the core of a successful marketing campaign. Many businesses often have the problem of choosing what metrics to measure in order to get the best idea of their progress. There are however, some traditional metrics that have to be measured regardless:
- Inbound links : The number of people that are following links back to your site from other locations where you have posted content. This is one of the main metrics and healthy levels of inbound links are a sign of growing marketing success. Most website analytic tools provide the ability to track the number of links.
- Social media analytics : Social media plays a key part in online marketing. Metrics such as number of views, likes, comments, shares and more are already shown on most social media sites. However, deeper metrics pertaining to the amount of traffic, and overall growth cannot be tracked on the network itself.
- Page rank : Your page rank on sites like Google and Bing decide how likely you are to get visitors. Different webpages on a single website can have different page ranks. Your homepage could be ranked No. 1 while your other pages might be ranked No. 5. Constantly checking and improving these rankings as far as possible is a must.
- Privileged content downloads : In an effort to gain more traffic, many websites offer opportunities to sign up or subscribe in exchange for premium or 'gated' content. The amount of users accessing and downloading this content is also a good indicator for the effectiveness of your marketing.
3. Internet Marketing Target Customer Segmentation, B2B vs B2C businessCustomer segmentation is a process where your customers are separated into groups based on age, gender, location and more. Different groups are then marketed to in different ways. For example, a clothing & apparel company will have different campaigns for toddlers than teenagers. While typically, the segments aren’t as simple as above, they are created with the same target specific focus and the same goal in mind. Personalized marketing is more likely to get the attention of the customers and it makes them more interested in your products/ services. Once basic segmentation is done, the most populous segment is referred to as the target audience. The target audience is one of the main sources of income for a company and the majority of marketing efforts are usually personalized and targeted towards this group. Internet marketing however has enabled companies to cost effectively market to all audiences easily through direct targeted marketing. Offers and promotions can be customized for each group in order to improve customer loyalty and retention. B2B vs B2C Segmentation In B2B marketing, customer segmentation is done based on the industries and job titles of potential customers. There are 2 types ofB2B marketing – horizontal and vertical. In horizontal, they target everyone with the same job title. In vertical marketing, they reach out to anyone that might be interested and then target the ones that more most likely to buy.
Customer segmentation in B2C marketing involves segregation based on individual profiles and lifestyles. While both methods differ, customer segmentation plays a key role in segmenting and targeting specific groups of people. Globibo Media has expertise in this area and can help businesses identify their core source of business and the groups they should target. We use our own techniques and identifiers while collaborating with clients to seek out best way to segregate and then the best way to market to these groups.
4. Internet Marketing Strategy Benchmarking / Peer ReviewEvery company has competition, be it a direct competitor or a competitor from a related industry. To stay ahead of the competition, it is important to figure out what the competition is doing and how they are performing. This is where strategy benchmarking takes place. It is the process of comparing your campaigns to that of the competitions to see where you stand. Benchmarking consists of the following steps:
- Identifying a concept or product to benchmark. Benchmarking is not successful for large, generic concepts.
- Looking at the best performing competitor, for that product.
- Study the methods and results of the competitor.
- Analyzing the results of the comparison
- Incorporating similar methods for your own campaigns.
While it might not be possible to review the individual processes involved in the other company's procedures, it is easier to understand their overall strategy through monitoring their campaigns and press releases. A detailed analysis of a competitor’s product can help you find pros and cons for both their and your strategy. Finding a mix of both is key to improving your strategy. We can help you manage the benchmarking process from start to finish or even, completely take over the process for your company. It is also recommended to develop contacts and good relations with other companies and their executives in the same industry. In a B2B environment trust is a major factor in determining who a major client will choose to partner with. These by professionals who are far less influenced by marketing efforts. They are much more likely to make decisions based on recommendations from other business partners in their network. While you won't be able to get direct competitors to support you, developing strong bonds with those working in similar or related fields can yield large dividends. Getting endorsed by other notable industry figures can quickly raise your brand's profile. We can help you with gathering data on competitor activity as well as assisting your firm in developing an influential network of contacts within your industry or sector. By trusting us, you ensure that your company is getting the right information in a timely manner and developing contacts with the right industry insiders.
5. Your Own Website vs Other PortalsA webpage is a collection of images, videos and web-pages while a web portal is a vast array of resources that could include various websites. Yahoo, for example, is a web portal that has access to various websites.
A web portal is beneficial for online marketing as it condenses numerous related resources into one page. This allows clients to create blogs, galleries and other interactive content in one place. They could also link out to related sites and other services they offer. The features of a web portal depend on whether it is a public portal or one that requires you to login. For companies that want a single website or smaller companies that do not have multiple partnerships and can condense all their information into a few web-pages, it is recommended to keep it simple and create a website. Anyone can access a website, without an username and password. A simple URL allows marketers to share web-pages with ease. Thus, online marketers prefer websites over web portals. Websites offer additional features like PPC (pay per click) , ads, cookies and more. All of these can be used to define and target your core audience. Marketers often choose websites as it better for sharing. However, many forget that the design and connect on the website must be their main focus rather than the website itself. A potential customer will not care about the backend as long as the content and overall website are generally user-friendly and satisfying. At Globibo Media, websites and web portals can be created with ease with the help of our talented IT team. We have expertise in the marketing arena and can use this to help companies create effective websites that will help their customers access all the information with ease.
6. One Main Website vs Different Brand WebsitesSome companies have various branches or sub brands that may offer different services. In this case, they can choose between having different websites for different branches or use the same website for all the branches. The decision to be made often depends on numerous factors such as the type of company, their products, size etc. There are pros and cons to having either a single website or multiple websites. For example, an event management company that designs separate websites for each of their major events might be effective in that regard, but they will have issues when it comes to promoting the company as a whole since they placed focus on the events rather than themselves as the organizers resulting in low levels of brand recognition. For a single website model, it takes less time to develop and makes it easier to cross-promote different services. It is also cheaper and is better for SEO purposes. Single websites often have multiple keywords that they can target thoroughly. On the negative side, a server taking your site offline could hinder your entire business rather than just a single sub brand. A multiple website model, could also work as it allows large companies to create geo-specific websites and also shine the light on each individual product. Moreover, if one website/ product fails, the others can make up for the loss with ease rather than forcing a complete overhaul. Multiple websites also cost more to build and maintain but many companies seem to think that the extra expense is warranted. This approach is popular with conglomerates such as Sony or GE who maintain separate websites for many of their different departments while also maintaining a single 'corporate' website that serves as an 'umbrella' web portal, linking to all the various sub brands within the company. At Globibo Media, we can help companies weigh the detailed pros and cons for companies choosing their course of action. From outlining the uses of the websites to the cons, we can make sure that our clients have the best advisors when it comes to making this important decision.
7. In-house Internet Marketing Strategy Development vs Consultancy ServicesAs you can see from the points above, developing a marketing strategy is a complex and time consuming process. Companies have 2 major options when it comes to designing strategies, they can go for in-house strategy development or they can opt for consultancy services. In-house strategy development is advisable for larger companies that have separate marketing teams. A marketing strategy requires a lot of time and effort, which can distract employees from other, more imminent tasks. In addition, in-house strategy development can go astray quite easily, especially in situations when there aren’t enough experienced guides and mentors. Additionally, an in-house team might not have processes in place or experience on hand to effectively deal with emergency situations. Consultancy services can work well for businesses of all sizes and in all stages of development or expansion. They can provide guidance through understanding goals and development for small companies but can also work with bigger companies that already have some processes in place. Moreover, consultancy services have the manpower to carefully devise individual marketing strategies for each product rather than resorting to a less nuanced blanket effort. While both methods have their own risks, inexperienced companies are advised to choose consultancy services as they can provide the tools necessary and give the best chance of success compared to inefficient methods conducted through online research. Globibo Media is one such consultancy service that makes sure that all our clients have the best marketing tools at their disposal. Globibo Media has a dedicated team of marketers and strategists that can cater to businesses from all industries and of all sizes. We have expertise, professionalism and workmanship on our side to help you quickly and cost effectively reach you target audiences and enable your business to grow and develop exponentially.
- Event Registration
- Event Content Management
- Event Commerce
- Event Community
- Engagement & Personalization
- Event Analytics
- Conference & Event Mobile Apps
- Virtual AGMs
- Virtual Conferences
- GRC Environment
- GRC Objectives
- GRC Solution
- Strategy Management
- AI Objectives
- Strategy Platform
- Platform Pricing
- Animated Content
- 2d & 3d-design
- Augmented Reality
Internet Marketing Strategy
- Product & Event Strategy
- Analytics & Monitoring
- Social Media & Staff Strategy
- Online Marketing Safety & Policy
- Text / Video / Audio Co-Creation
- Content Distribution & Moderation
- Content Localization
- Email Management
- Corporate Advertising Structures
- Advertising Campaign Management
- Advertising Platforms
- Advertising Referral Programs
- Global Social Media Platforms
- Business Portals
- Country-Specific Business Portals
- Country-specific Media
- Commercialization Strategy
- Referral & Advertising Programs
- Payment & Checkout Optimization
- Performance Benchmarking & Audit
- Web Design
- Application Development
- Marketig Conversion Strategy
- Search Experience Optimization
Industry-specific Online Strategies
- Dentist Online-Marketing
- Lawyer Online-Marketing
- +86 21 8024 6090
- +49 (030) 8093 5151
- +852 5801 9962
- +91 11 4248 4066
- +603 9212 4206
- +63 28548 8254
- +65 6336 9002
- +84 985 611 322
- +44 (20) 3468 1833
- +1 (718) 713 8593