Online Marketing Safety & Policy
1. Publishing Process and Approvals of Marketing ContentIn a market where content is king, it is necessary to keep producing high quality content to set your business apart from the competition. However, producing content isn’t as easy as it sounds. There needs to an approval and publishing process in place to ensure that your content marketing efforts are delivering the expected results. A well-thought out content approval and publishing process helps eliminate the common issues that plague content production and publication. The size or scale of the content marketing campaign does not matter. Having a well-defined approval and publishing in place can be of great help; be it a basic Facebook post or a multi-channel online campaign. Some of the benefits of having a publishing and approval process in place include:
- An improved ability to meet deadlines and achieve intended content outcomes.
- An ability to produce content on a timely basis.
- An ability to produce content that is consistent and accurate.
- An improved ability to address common content production issues such as inconsistencies and bottlenecks.
- A higher level of employee engagement as employees begin to see their role with more clarity in the context of content creation.
- More accountability on the part of employees who’ve been assigned content responsibilities.
Apart from having an approval and publishing process, it is also important to understand why process is necessary in the first place. In such scenarios, the process loses its efficacy. Most organizations implement approval and publishing processes only because their CMS (content management system) necessitates it. There are a ton of questions that need to be asked. For instance, what is the approval process needed for? What purpose does the approval process actually serve? What is the approval or publishing tea expected to do? Is the process same for all content categories? The true purpose of a publishing and approval process must be discussed, decided and shared before implementation. The various content publishing and approval methods must be defined, especially within the context of the content they are applied to. On the whole, it’s a fairly thorough process that requires the guidance of an expert. That’s where Globibo Media comes in. Through timely meetings and discussion with our clients, we try to gain a clear picture of their content production and publication methods. This allows us to figure out the issues they are facing and develop the appropriate solutions with regard to their content publication and approval.
2. Marketing Media Rights & ProtectionThe issue of media rights and protection falls under what is known as copyright protection and copyright protection is applicable by default as far as international law is concerned. Unfortunately, the content that you produce can still be infringed upon and the burden of proof always falls on the content creator. As a result, it is up to you, as a business, to communicate the fact that your work is copyright protected. This will limit infringement, especially the kind that is committed by those less informed about copyright protection. There are many steps you will need to take in order to make sure your content remains safe. For starters, make sure your content is properly marked. Secondly, make sure a notice is drafted, clearly stating that your content is protected by copyright law. It might seem counter-productive to actually draft a notice since creative work falls under copyright law by default. However, a notice communicates to offenders that you’re not ignorant about copyright and will take action if your work is infringed upon. When work is infringed upon, there is a chance that your claim may be disputed. For instance, the other party might argue that the content was originally created by them. In such cases, it is necessary to have evidence in support of your claim. Globibo Media offers a copyright registration service that allows clients to access evidence verifying their ownership of the original content. We are highly experienced in the area of media rights and protection, which allows us to offer rock-solid evidence, which can be used to challenge disputed copyright claims. Additionally, Globibo Media’s service policies make it easier for you to access the evidence you need. Copyright evidence is primarily of two kinds. The first is called “Evolution of Ideas”. This refers to the evidence supporting the evolution of your work or content. This could include early drafts or rough recordings/illustrations etc. Though this kind of evidence can be falsified, it usually takes a lot of time and therefore, mostly avoided. The other form of copyright evidence involves the use of “footprints” or “watermarks”. This is evidence that is intentionally inserted into the content or work. For examples, photographers mark their pictures with an official logo to indicate that they own the image. In some cases, a deliberate, but, subtle error can be used by the creator as evidence. Only the creator is likely to be aware of this error. Protecting content from infringement should be a priority for businesses. However, not all businesses have the knowledge or expertise to handle this aspect of online marketing. Therefore, Globibo Media is more than willing to offers its expertise and other resources in helping clients protect their content. At Globibo Media, we have experts who have worked in the area of copyright protection. They can guide your organization on such matters and provide you with the best solutions possible.
3. Account Access & Password Policy for Social Media Accounts / Web SitesIn today’s business landscape, a majority of functions and services are managed through online platforms. This is especially true in the case of digital marketing. Going online has benefited businesses in several ways. However, it has also brought with itself newer risks. For example, passwords are needed to access anything from website accounts to social media accounts. The need to use an individual password for multiple accounts can be frustrating. This often leads users into using the same password for multiple services, which is a bad move and a significant security threat. This is one of many reasons why an account access and password policy needs to be implemented for company social media and website accounts. A robust account access and password policy can protect your business from data theft and ensure that your reputation isn’t ruined. Not having such a policy can lead to all kinds of problems. For instance, take the example of a small mail order business, where customers make purchases by placing online orders via the internet. Now, if a hacker were to get his/her hands on a user’s password, he/she could end up placing a number of false orders and steal the business’s inventory. The risks are similar with social media platforms too. A disgruntled employee, who happens to be good at hacking, can decipher a basic password and hack the company account to spread rumours or make false allegations. By the time you can react, it might already be too late. Information spreads fast in cyberspace. Drafting a policy for account access and password usage can help your business in a variety of ways.
- It can be used to make decisions on who has access to your social media and website accounts.
- It can help establish rules concerning ownership of such accounts. For instance, the organization being the sole owner of social media and website accounts.
- The policy can help determine what penalties need to be instituted to punish those who violate the rules.
- It can help your business determine what kind of actions fall within the realm of acceptable use.
Globibo Media can help your company draft an effective account access and password policy to make sure you never have to worry about misuse ever again. Not only will we draft the policy, we will even help you implement it. We will also conduct a policy audit to ensure that the policy stays relevant and that it is followed.
4. Central vs. Decentralized Comapny Social Media Account AccessWhen it comes to giving account access to employees, there are generally two approaches used – the centralized approach and the decentralized approach. Each of these approaches offers its own sets of benefits. However, determining which approach works best for your organization has a lot to do with your organizational structure. For example, a centralized approach is simpler, which makes access easier. However, a decentralized approach might offer more security. There are several such aspects to take into consideration when setting up your company’s account access structure. Different organisations have different needs. Globibo Media will work with you to gain a clear picture of your organizational structure and offer account access solutions accordingly.
5. Monitoring and Escalation of Online PR Issues / EventsIt takes years for a business to build an image and a reputation. It takes almost the same effort to maintain that reputation or image. However, it doesn’t take much of anything to ruin all of it. For instance, the errors of a competing organization can put the entire industry under the scanner, which can affect your reputation as well. Just associating with the culprit is enough; even if it’s in the most indirect manner. What’s even worse is the fact that information travels much faster now, thanks to the prevalence of digital media channels. This leaves businesses with hardly enough time to react, let alone come up with a crisis management strategy. That’s why companies need to be careful when executing their digital media strategies. The slightest misunderstanding or mismatch in expectations between the organization and its stakeholders can lead to issues. An issue, if not identified, assessed and managed, can turn into a full blown crisis. In the world of Public Relations, “an issue ignored is a crisis invited”. This is something that all businesses need to take very seriously. So, how can issues be identified and managed? Well, it all starts with monitoring. In the earlier days, monitoring was limited to traditional media channels such as television, radio and print media. These channels would be combed for information about the concerned organization or brand and also, about competing brands and organizations. The information obtained would be analysed gain insights and spot trends. If issues were spotted, a plan would be developed to deal with the issue right away. This method of monitoring hasn’t changed significantly. The only key change here is that the monitoring isn’t limited to television or print anymore. We also have digital media channels such as social media pages, blog, reviews sites, and forums etc. that can be used to share information about your brand. To put it simply, if your digital marketing campaign angered a few people, you can be sure they’re complaining and its being shared one way or another in cyberspace. This is exactly why monitoring is a necessity today. Globibo Media helps many businesses in this regard. Using our state of the art monitoring and analytics tools, we can hear every word that’s being said about your organization or brand. We’ll collect and collate the data to identify irregularities or issues. Once significant issues have been identified, we’ll develop a strategy to fix the issue before it turns into a crisis. For instance, Wikipedia is a portal that hosts user uploaded information, which means someone out there can alter your company details. However, at Globibo Media, we can use our monitoring tools to identify the change or alteration and immediately escalate it to the concerned teams within your organization. Apart from escalating such issues to your internal team, our experts will work with you to assess the impact that the issue can have on your reputation and also, your bottom line. Together, we will develop a communication plan and a strategy to solve the issue before it snowballs. In order to successfully stall an issue from turning into a crisis event, we will definitely need your cooperation and input. This could mean making changes with regard to internal practices, especially since a lot of issues do arise from internal operations and practises. As long as we put our heads and our tools together, averting a possible crisis isn’t as impossible as it might seem.
- Event Registration
- Event Content Management
- Event Commerce
- Event Community
- Engagement & Personalization
- Event Analytics
- Conference & Event Mobile Apps
- Virtual AGMs
- Virtual Conferences
- GRC Environment
- GRC Objectives
- GRC Solution
- Strategy Management
- AI Objectives
- Strategy Platform
- Platform Pricing
- Animated Content
- 2d & 3d-design
- Augmented Reality
Internet Marketing Strategy
- Product & Event Strategy
- Analytics & Monitoring
- Social Media & Staff Strategy
- Online Marketing Safety & Policy
- Text / Video / Audio Co-Creation
- Content Distribution & Moderation
- Content Localization
- Email Management
- Corporate Advertising Structures
- Advertising Campaign Management
- Advertising Platforms
- Advertising Referral Programs
- Global Social Media Platforms
- Business Portals
- Country-Specific Business Portals
- Country-specific Media
- Commercialization Strategy
- Referral & Advertising Programs
- Payment & Checkout Optimization
- Performance Benchmarking & Audit
- Web Design
- Application Development
- Marketig Conversion Strategy
- Search Experience Optimization
Industry-specific Online Strategies
- Dentist Online-Marketing
- Lawyer Online-Marketing
- +86 21 8024 6090
- +49 (030) 8093 5151
- +852 5801 9962
- +91 11 4248 4066
- +603 9212 4206
- +63 28548 8254
- +65 6336 9002
- +84 985 611 322
- +44 (20) 3468 1833
- +1 (718) 713 8593