In Whispered Interpretation the professional interpreter sits or stands next to the target-language audience whilst whispering a simultaneous interpretation of the message in question.
In whispered interpreting (chuchotage, in French), the interpreter sits or stands next to the small target-language audience whilst whispering a simultaneous interpretation of the matter to hand; this method requires no equipment, but may be done via a microphone and headphones if the participants prefer.
Chuchotage is used in circumstances where the majority of a group speaks the source language, and a minority (ideally no more than three people) do not speak it.
Application of Whispered Interpretation
Following are the applications of Whispered Translation:
- Whispered Interpretation can be used for confidential matters where the interpretation service is required by a person sitting next to interpreters. A good example of a whispered Interpretation is a private meeting between 2 dignitaries.
- For situations where the people who require interpretation services are less than, or equals to, three.
- Smaller seminars, meetings, court proceedings, prosecutions where the targeted audience is small in number
Key benefits of Whispered Interpretation
Following are the benefits of Whispered Translation:
- Whispered Interpretation does not require technical Interpretation equipment. To avoid noise disturbance it can be done through microphones and headphones.
- High level of flexibility in interpretation (ie even can be done walking)
- The interpreter stays close to the speaker & listener
- No requirement of Interpretation Booths
- Rather Cost-effective Interpretation
- Can be used for confidential matters
Whispered Interpretation Experts
Globibo works with the best Interpreters from all over the world with the right language and industry competencies. Our Interpreters have vast experience in providing Whispered Interpretation services and know how to balance very sensitive discussions as much as how to remain discreetly in delicate situations. Interpreters for Whispered Interpretation therefore need to be vetted against in an internal (confidential) process. This process includes focus on:
- Language, Topic and Cultural Competence
- Technical skills
- Social & interpersonal skills
To know more about our evaluation process, please contact us.
All our Interpretation Approaches:
China: +86 21 8024 6090
France: +33 6 1302 2599
Germany: +49 (030) 8093 5151
Hong Kong: +852 5801 9962
India: +91 (11) 4248 4066
Malaysia: +603 9212 4206
Philippines: +63 28548 8254
Singapore: +65 6336 9002
Spain: +34 675 225 364
Vietnam: +84 985 611 322
UK: +44 (20) 3468 1833
US: +1 (718) 713 8593
Globibo Panda Run
Join 28th of March, in Singapore 8.15pm Marina Bay Sands...
Globibo Hong Kong
A new milestone was hit in September 2012 with our own office in Hong Kong.
Corporate Training Website
Our Our Globibo Corporate Training Website is finally online.
Happy New Year
Happy New Year 2013. May it bless all of us with loads of joy & success.
Our new Web site dedicated to Language Courses in Singapore goes...