Legal Translation Services
We translate your or your business partner's Legal documents from practically any language to any target language with our expert Legal Translation Team.
Globibo’s checkpoints for providing best quality Legal Translation service to clients:
- Globibo’s legal translations are done from native speakers following the traditional 6- step model based on our audited & certified ISO standards.
- Globibo supports all language combinations and data formats.
- Our Legal translations have vast experience in different legal domains, including international arbitration or business law.
- Globibo’s legal translation ensures that proper grammar and terminology are used, and appropriate lexis, styles, and Locale are considered.
- Globibo is accredited by major embassies, consulates, and ministries around the world.
- Globibo also provides Notarized, Sworn and certified translations for any language pair.
- Globibo make use of latest technology and software for Legal Translations
- Globibo also structure customer specific Legal Terminology Database or Glossaries.
Our Legal translations are fast and reliable. We certainly also offer long term support engagements for Legal translations. For more information, please
Accreditation of Legal Documents
Globibo is accredited from many embassies, chambers and ministries in many different countries. This give our clients the highest level of accreditation for whatever the legal translations are required. We also have a set of partners that support affidavits, apostilles, legalizations or certifications and broad experience in working with Commissioner of Oaths and Sworn Translation / Interpretation.
Globibo also provides the below types of translation for legal and other documents. To have an overview of those legal translation services, please read the below definitions
- Legal Translation: Legal translation is the translation of texts within the field of law.To know more you can read the information on:
- Sworn Translation: A translation done by sworn translators are entitled to create public instruments by signing and sealing of translations attached to originals.
- Notarized Translation: Notarized translations are a third party check (by a notary public, not a translator) that the person who has completed the work is declaring that the work is complete, done to the best of their ability, and accurate.
- Certified translation: A certified translation is one which fulfills the requirements in the country in question, enabling it to be used in formal procedures, with the translator accepting responsibility for its accuracy. To know more you can read the information on:
Legal Translation Linguists
The basic requirements for our Legal Translators are that the translator requires either an explicit professional degree in translation or an equivalent degree and documented full-time localization experience. As such we do not just look at documented translation experience, but the experience has to be in a full-time capacity. The ISO standard puts further emphasize on the direction of translation. A translator qualified to translate German to English might not be qualified to translate English to German. While industry-standards are not very consistent in regards to translation direction, we developed an own set of standards to ensure quality. Therefore, our linguist working on Legal Translation Projects require not just the qualifications based on international translation standards like EN 15038 and ISO17100 / 11669 but additionally have to comply to our specific criteria that we found important for Legal & Contract Translations.
Our Legal & Contract Translators have access to the best Legal Translation Term- and Template-Databases that were established and optimized over thousands of projects. The Term- and Template databases have been consolidated for different industries and functional domains. We also create customer-specific Term- and Template databases to improve inter-company translation consistency. Those Term-databases give the linguist additional support to perform the translation faster with a higher quality level leveraging industry or company-specific terms. Lastly, dedicated Contract Translation Memories that include fully pre-translated segments from all our prior projects improve quality as well as reduce cost and turnaround-time for our clients. The segments from prior translated projects are weighted in regards to context and domain to ensure they fit into the new target context.
Legal Translation Process
Our Legal & Contract Translations follow global Translation standards like ISO 17100, ISO 11669, EN 15038, ASTM 2575, CAN 131.10 and J2450 as well as the Globibo Localization Delivery Model. The Translation Standards define the internal processes for the translation as well as the process with you as a Client. We will do a requirement specification and feasibility analysis for your project. Based on this you will receive a quotation and the underlying terms and conditions. Information about data protection and security are furnished to you and are available on the Web site for your review. Upon your confirmation, we commence with the translation via the 6-step process of which 4 steps are mandatory and 2 steps are optional.
A good Legal Translation Process:
1.Translation: Translation by professional with subject matter expertise, prior experience and rock-solid academic background
2.Revision: Bilingual revision of source to target by an expert with the same qualifications as the translator.
3.Review: Optional mono-lingual process conducted by subject - matter expert in the target language.
To know more about our process
Legal Translation FAQ
1. What is certified legal translation?
Legal Translation sometimes needs to be certified by any or a sworn translator when providing the documents to an authority. Any translator can certify a translation, providing a personal signature and contact details to authenticate that s/he has performed the translation faithfully and truthfully. A sworn translation is done by a translator that has either taken an oath before a government agency “in general” or specifically for this project.
All our Translations Services
China: +86 21 8024 6090
France: +33 6 1302 2599
Germany: +49 (030) 8093 5151
Hong Kong: +852 5801 9962
India: +91 (11) 4248 4066
Malaysia: +603 9212 4206
Philippines: +63 28548 8254
Singapore: +65 6336 9002
Spain: +34 675 225 364
Vietnam: +84 985 611 322
UK: +44 (20) 3468 1833
US: +1 (718) 713 8593
Globibo Panda Run
Join 28th of March, in Singapore 8.15pm Marina Bay Sands...
Globibo Hong Kong
A new milestone was hit in September 2012 with our own office in Hong Kong.
Corporate Training Website
Our Our Globibo Corporate Training Website is finally online.
Happy New Year
Happy New Year 2013. May it bless all of us with loads of joy & success.
Our new Web site dedicated to Language Courses in Singapore goes...