French Translation Services
Globibo's French Translation Service is one of the strongest parts of our operations. We provide French Translations & Interpretation Services to hundreds of international as well as clients in many countries throughout Asia and around the world. In cooperation with French Chambers, French Embassies, French Consulates and French Ministries our Translations are recognized in more countries than any other Translation agency. Globibo Translations cover basically any language combination from or to French and any file format.
French Translation Linguists
The basic requirements for our Translators are that the linguist requires either an explicit professional degree in translation or an equivalent degree and documented full-time French Localization experience. As such we do not just look at documented translation experience, but the experience has to be in a full-time capacity. The ISO standard puts further emphasize on the direction for translation. A translator qualified to translate French to English might not be qualified to translate English to French. While industry-standards are not very consistent in regards to translation direction, we developed an own set of standards to ensure quality. Therefore, our linguist working on French Localization require not just the qualifications based on international translation standards like EN 15038 and ISO17100 / 11669 but additionally have to comply to our specific criteria that we found important for French Translations.
Our French Translators have access to the best French Term-Databases that were established and optimized over thousands of projects. The Term-databases have been consolidated for different industries and functional domains. We also create customer-specific Term-databases to improve inter-company translation consistency. Those Term-databases give the linguist additional support to perform the translation faster with a higher quality level leveraging industry or company-specific terms. Lastly, dedicated French Translation Memories that include fully pre-translated segments from all our prior projects improve quality as well as reduce cost and turnaround-time for our clients. The segments from prior translated projects are weighted in regards to context and domain to ensure they fit into the new target context.
French Translation Process
Our French Translations follow global Translation standards like EN 15038, ISO 11669, ASTM 2575, CAN 131.10 and J2450 as well as the Globibo French Localization Delivery Model. The Translation Standards define the internal processes for the translation as well as the process with you as a Client. We will do a requirement specification and feasibility analysis for your project. Based on this you will receive a quotation and the underlying terms and conditions. Information about data protection and security are furnished to you and are available on the Web site for your review. Upon your confirmation, we commence with the translation via the 6-step process of which 4 steps are mandatory and 2 steps are optional. The image below describes the French Localization Process in further detail:
The traditional translation process follows multiple steps to increase the quality of the created content. The graphic above illustrates the process:
- Translation : Transfer source language material into target language material
- Checking : Verification by translator to avoid errors and omissions
- Revision : Bilingual verification of original translation
- Review : Optional mono-lingual verification from subject-matter expert
- Proofreading : Optional Value Added Service reviewing the Target Text
- Final Verification : Verification against Client Service Specification
- Client Feedback
For questions about our translation process, please contact your friendly local account manager. To learn more about professional translation processes, you can also check out our blogs or numerous publications and social media.
French Translation Certification
Our Translation also mean world-wide recognition from most government agencies, embassies, consulates and chambers - in France and overseas. The certification procedures depend on the country and agencies from which you require the document to be confirmed/certified. While legal firms or a notary public performs a notarization, embassies and consulates provide legalizations. As a translation agency we do the underlying translation certification that can be legalized or notarized by other agencies. As the process differ from country to country and different documents, we can guide you through the process.
To perform certified translation and get the subsequent approvals from a notary public, embassy / consulate or ministry, we follow a set of specific processes and procedures as well as work with linguists with very specific qualifications. Those qualifications are based on industry-standards as well as requirements from local / international government agencies.
We translate and certify the following documents:
- French Academic transcript translation
- French Adoption certificate translation
- French Apprenticeship certificate translations
- French Bank statement translation
- French Birth certificate translation
- French Business translation
- French Certificate of good conduct
- French Coroner Report translation
- French Death certificate translations
- French Degree translation
- French Diploma translation
- French document translation
- French Electricity bill translation
- French Email translation
- French Employment pass Translations
- French Employment contract translations
- French Employment letter translation
- French Export permit translations
- French Financial translation
- French Identity card / family booklet translations
- French Insurance Claim Document Translations
- French Import permit translations
- French ICA Translation
- French Journeyman certificate translations
- French Letter and card translations
- French Marriage certificate translation
- French Master tradesman certificate translations
- French Medical report translation
- French Migration translation
- French Motorcycle licence translations
- French Name-change certificate translations
- French Payslip translation
- French Passport translations
- French Patents and legal contract translation
- French Penal clearance certificate translation
- French Police report translation
- French Police clearance translation
- French Power of attorney translations
- French Receipts and invoices
- French Resume translations
- French Single-status certificate translations
- French Statutory declaration translations
- French Survey translation
- French Telephone bill translations
- French Web site translation
- French Book translation
Leveraging a large pool of templates and terminology databases from previous translation projects, we can perform the entire process fast and cost-efficiently. Standard documents like for example driving licenses, ID cards, passports, do not require any formatting or DTP as the basic templates are all available.
French Translation Technology
Professional Translation Service also means agnostic usage of Translation Management Software - for larger projects we will use the software that makes most sense to you, not what fits into the strategy of our associated software company.
We leverage Wordfast, SDL Trados and DejaVu as standard applications for French Localizations. Furthermore we keep French Translation Memory and Terminology Databases by Client and industry.
1 - Terminology Databases : We structure industry as well as customer specific Terminology Databases or Glossaries. The combination of those 2 types of Terminology Databases permits quick access to industry or customer-specific terms. Those terminology databases are aligned with your internal teams to ensure we match the best translations for your internal functions.
2 - Translation Memory : Similar to Terminology Databases, we have industry- as well as customer specific Translation Memories. A Translation Memory is a database of previously translated segments (e.g. full sentences) that can be reused in subsequent translations. Translation Memories allow increasing quality and turn-around time while lowering cost.
3 - Machine Translation : New MT engines permit leveraging neural networks as well as statistical models to reuse previously translated material for new projects. If our contract permits, we access different MT engines to facilitate professional processing of the translations.
4 - Translation Management Systems (TMS) : TMS allow us to process translation projects in a faster and more coordinated manner. With combine our own internal management system with external applications to create the right blend of operational efficiency with access to world-class external tools.
Practical Reading (external links):
- Wikipedia : Translation Management Software
- Wikipedia : Translation Memories Explanation
- Gartner : Research on Translation Software
- ISO 17100
- Wikipedia : Translation Standards 15038
For more questions in regards to our technology strategy, please contact us.
Other popular translation languages : Bahasa - Chinese - French - German - Italian - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Spanish - Thai