Hybrid Networking Event: Setup for networked Engagement
What is a hybrid networking event?
A hybrid networking event is one that combines opportunities for in-person and virtual networking. This type of event allows attendees to network and connect with one another both in-person and online, resulting in a more diverse and inclusive experience. Conferences, workshops, seminars, and trade shows are examples of hybrid networking events. In-person event activities include keynote addresses, panel discussions, and workshops; online chat rooms, video conferencing, and other digital tools are examples of virtual event activities, and more, which are frequently used in hybrid product launches.
This kind of event is growing in popularity because it can offer a more convenient and flexible experience and allows attendees to participate regardless of where they are.
We at Globibo offer a wide range of technological solutions to guarantee the success of your technological conference or event. Our team of knowledgeable professionals is committed to providing you with the best service and ensuring that your auction event runs smoothly.
How does networking work at hybrid events?
The way networking at hybrid events works is by giving attendees chances to connect and communicate virtually and in person. At hybrid events, networking can be successful in the following ways:
- In-Person Networking: Attendees can network in person by attending social events, such as cocktail receptions, dinners, or coffee breaks, and this can provide opportunities for attendees to meet and connect with others in their industry or with similar interests.
- Virtual Networking: Virtual networking can take many forms, such as online chat rooms, video conferencing, and matchmaking tools that help attendees find others with similar interests and can connect with each other online and schedule virtual meetings to continue their conversations.
- Hybrid Networking: Hybrid networking combines both in-person and virtual networking opportunities. For example, attendees can use a mobile app or online platform to find and connect with other attendees before the event and then arrange to meet in person during the event.
- Speed Networking: Speed networking is a structured networking activity that allows attendees to meet many other attendees in a short amount of time. This can be done in person, virtually, or both.
Hybrid events, in general, give attendees numerous chances to interact and network. The networking experience is made more diverse and inclusive by combining in-person and online networking, allowing attendees to connect with people from all over the world.
What are the benefits of hybrid networking events?
There are many benefits to hybrid networking events, which is why more people are beginning to use them. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Greater Audience Reach: Because participants can participate in hybrid events from anywhere in the world, they can attract more attendees and receive more publicity for their events than traditional in-person events.
- Flexibility: Attendees at hybrid events have a variety of participation options. While in-person components allow attendees to network and connect with others in a more traditional way, virtual components allow attendees to participate in the event from the convenience of their own homes or office.
- Cost Savings: Hybrid events can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person events, as there are fewer expenses related to travel, lodging, and catering. This can help organizations save money while still achieving their event goals.
- Increased Engagement: Hybrid events offer multiple ways for attendees to engage with the content and each other. For example, attendees can participate in live Q&A sessions, virtual breakout rooms, or networking events, which can help create a more engaging and interactive experience.
- Access to Data: Hybrid events offer valuable data insights, such as attendance numbers, engagement metrics, and feedback from attendees, and this data can be used to improve future events and create a better experience for attendees.
Overall, hybrid networking events offer a variety of benefits that can help organizations meet event objectives while also providing attendees with a more flexible and engaging experience.
How to plan a hybrid networking event
A hybrid networking event necessitates meticulous planning and attention to detail. Here are some important steps to take when organizing a hybrid networking event:
- Determine Your Goals: Begin by defining your event's goals. This will assist in guiding your planning and ensuring that you create an event that meets your objectives.
- Select a Location: Choose a location that can host both in-person and virtual attendees. The venue should have reliable Wi-Fi, AV equipment, and other technology to support the event's virtual component.
- Choose a Technology Platform: Choose a technology platform that can support both in-person and virtual attendees. Consider features such as video conferencing, chat rooms, and networking tools to ensure that attendees can connect and engage with each other.
- Create Your Event Schedule: Make a schedule with both in-person and virtual components. Make sure to allocate time for networking, keynote speeches, breakout sessions, and other activities.
- Promote Your Event: Develop a marketing plan to promote your event to both in-person and virtual attendees. Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to generate interest and drive registration.
- Prepare for the Event: Make sure that all necessary equipment and technology are in place before the event. Train staff and volunteers on how to use the technology platform and how to support both in-person and virtual attendees.
- Evaluate the Event: Following the event, collect feedback from attendees and analyze attendance and engagement data to determine the event's success. Use this data to improve future events.
Conclusively, hybrid networking events can benefit from many of the same considerations and best practices as other types of hybrid entertainment events, such as careful planning, selecting the right technology solutions, and providing engaging content and experiences for attendees, both on-site and online.
- +61 28317 3495
- +86 21 8024 6090
- +49 (030) 8093 5151
- +852 5801 9962
- +91 11 7127 9949
- +603 9212 4206
- +63 28548 8254
- +65 6336 9002
- +84 985 611 322
- +44 (20) 3468 1833
- +1 (718) 713 8593
ISO 27001 - Information Security Management System - Certificate #: CCL/ISMS/70818/GIPL
ISO 9001 - Quality Management System - Certificate #: CCL/QMS/70818/GIPL
ISO 20121 - Event Sustainability Management System - Certificate #: CCL/QMS/70822/GIP
"Very professional and flexible. Our event ran very smoothly."
Virtual AGM - Governing Sports Body
"We used Globibo’s Virtual AGM platform for our organization’s Annual General Meeting in 2020 and it went exceptionally well. Not just the platform but especially the team was very supportive in making sure the entire event created a great experience for our shareholders. Also, our auditors were impressed by the setup."
Head Client Relationship at International Financial Services Company
"To the great relief of our management team, the entire event went very well. Great technical support by the team throughout the meeting even supporting outside the normal event hours."
Senior Manager of Investor Relations at International Logistics Group
"We have used pre-registration services, pre-voting, as well as the Virtual AGM platform. Despite some challenges on our side, the overall process went to our full satisfaction. We will definitely keep on using the platform."
VP IR, International Retail Group
NewsHow to Virtual AGM
Our simple guide on How to run a Virtual AGM
Fever Scanning System
Rental of Fever Scanning System & Thermal Scanning Solutions
QR Code Scanner Rental
Check out our new QR Code Reader Rental
Bar Code Scanner Rental
Check out our new Bar Code Reader Rental
Read more in Mice.Net on our iBeacon case studies
Camera Drones Pilots
Launching Event drones in several convention center in Asia.
Implementation of Responsive Displays in MICE Networking Event
In a workshop in New York we showcased the latest hologram technologies
With our Smartphone Voting Software you can make your event more interactive without the necessity of external hardware.
Tour Guide System
Globibo Event Technology extends its infrastructure to new Tour Guide Technology
Smartphone Audience Response
Our Smartphone Audience Response System goes into version 2.0 - with more features and a slicker User-Interface